Home     About Me     Recipes     Sources Of Inspiration     Links     FAQ     Contact Me     My Secrets

Cake Test Run

Thursday, February 2nd, 2012

For Valentine’s Day I’m making “cakes for two”; small fondant covered cakes to share with your sweetheart. (Cakes will actually serve 4 – 6, but “cakes for four to six” didn’t sound as appealing). Anyway, I have a carrot cake recipe that I’ve used to make a 13 x 9 inch cake, and today I’m cutting it in half. It’s tricky when you start adjusting measurements in baking since it can drastically affect the outcome. Why? I don't know. That's the thing about baking; it's so scientific. Or maybe it's just me.

My absolute favorite cake, hands down, is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Not too sweet, heavy on the carrots and even heavier on the frosting. Pure perfection! Today is a test run cake, so why not make my favorite? If it turns out well I’ll feel confident about making changes to other recipes. I’ve just wrapped the cakes and put them in the freezer. (I’m freezing them because I won’t have time to assemble until Saturday). I’ll post a photo when it's done. See ya'll then!

No comments:

Post a Comment