Home     About Me     Recipes     Sources Of Inspiration     Links     FAQ     Contact Me     My Secrets

Cake Pops, Part 2

Friday, January 27th, 2012

So today is part 2 of my cake pop adventure! Earlier I used my food processor to make crumbs out of the cake I baked last night. I was a little sad to purposely destroy a perfectly good cake, but I’m sure I’ll get over it. First though, I made a batch of chocolate frosting. Once that was done, I combined the crumbs with about half of the frosting, into what looked like cake “mush”. Delicious cake mush! It’s now covered and resting in the fridge until cold enough to roll into balls.

I don’t know if I’ll get around to the next step tonight. It’s Friday, which in my house means steak dinner; cooked by yours truly. So I think I’ll save the rest for tomorrow. In the meantime, I thought I’d post the frosting recipe I used. It’s a rich, thick chocolate frosting that can be used for cake, cupcakes, brownies; you name it. Part 3 to come. Stay tuned…

Chocolate Frosting

Ingredients:

½ cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
4 – 6 tablespoons milk or heavy cream

Directions:

In a large bowl, sift together the sugar and cocoa powder. Set aside. With an electric mixer, cream the butter and vanilla until smooth; approximately 3 minutes. Add sugar and cocoa, one third at a time; mixing well and scraping down bowl after each addition. Add milk or cream, 1 tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Use immediately or refrigerate for longer storage.

No comments:

Post a Comment