Home     About Me     Recipes     Sources Of Inspiration     Links     FAQ     Contact Me     My Secrets

Tiffany Box Cake

Sunday, May 27th, 2012

It's been a while since my last post, since there hasn't been an occasion lately which called for a cake. Last week I was asked to create a birthday cake in the shape of a Tiffany box. Rather than covering the entire cake with one solid piece of fondant, I decided to try a paneling technique. I cut panels from fondant, each the size of the sides and one for the top, froze them on a cookie sheet for about 15 minutes, then placed them on the cake which had been coated with buttercream. This created a box effect, with sharp edges. This is the technique I'll use from now on for all my square cakes! It was surprisingly easy, and looked amazing! The lid did not have the same sharp edges, since it was a separate piece of fondant that was put on top. Next time I'll also create the lid from panels. I had fun experimenting with this one!


No comments:

Post a Comment